Bring on barbecue weather! Roast some corn with your grilled meat!Jump to Recipe While corn isn’t quite in season yet, the emerging Spring sunshine has me thinking ahead to summer barbecues and the taste of sweet corn.
Making up a batch of roasted corn salsa is a great way to get a jump start on enjoying those summer flavors.
The onion, cilantro, lime, and peppers can help to mask the fact that you’ll probably be using corn that isn’t quite at the height of sweetness
Corn salsa is more versatile than you might expect. Use it in a taco, or pair it with grilled meat of any kind. This salsa is the perfect complement to a barbecue-centered meal.
ARE YOU TIRED OF THE SAME OLD BORING FOOD?
Download my MOST POPULAR seasoning mixes and get some flavor in your life. These easy to store mixes are a must have to spice up your dinner game.
Need some taco inspiration? Try our Carne Asada Tacos with Chipotle Crema…and yes, Corn Salsa!
At Beast Bowl Nutrition we’re always playing with food. Heck, we’ve all gotta eat, right? Why not make it a creative adventure. Share that adventure with us. If you haven’t already, sign up to receive our twice weekly email updates. Make sure that you don’t miss a recipe!
Roasted Corn Salsa
- 2 ears corn roasted and cut off the cob
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 jalepeno or serrano peppers finely diced
- ½ red onion diced
- ⅓ bunch of cilantro finely chopped
- 1 lime juices
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- Roat corn at 450℉ until kernels are charred. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Chop and dice all vegetables and add to a large bowl.
- Cut kernels off of corn and add to salsa.
- Add lime juice, olive oil, cumin and salt and pepper to taste.