The Holidays are upon us…
If you’re in need of a healthier version of the usual holiday sweet potatoes – This Is It!
Seriously people – Thanksgiving is right around the corner! It’s time to get your holiday cooking planned and organized.
These roasted sweet potatoes are incredibly easy to make and aren’t super sweet.
Making this dish is as simple as peeling, dicing, and tossing sweet potatoes in a little bit of maple syrup, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice mix, and just a touch of rosemary. The flavor combination is the perfect amount of savory with just a hint of sweetness. Adding some pecans makes this dish feel a little bit fancy!
These warm and flavorful sweet potatoes are sure to impress at any holiday dinner. Honestly, you’ll want to make them all year long because they’re so easy and delicious.
Of course, I make my own pumpkin pie spice mix.
Our family’s pumpkin pie recipe has a magical ratio of spices that I have never been able to get in a commercial pumpkin pie spice. So, I make it my self. You can download it here if you want to make it too! I know you will not be disappointed.
These sweet potatoes are the perfect combination of just a little bit of sweetness and some subtle spice. They’re really delicious. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
You can get our Top 5 Master Spice Mixes for Free when you sign up to be an insider. You will get this and all of our downloadables sent right to your inbox.
Paleo Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 4 lbs garnet yams peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary finely minced
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice FG Brand
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups pecan whole or coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 ℉.
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes.
- Toss with oil, maple syrup, rosemary, pumpkin pie spice, salt and pecans.
- Cover with foil and roast for 10 minutes at 425 ℉.
- Reduce temperature to 350 ℉ and then cook until tender. Approximately 20-30 more minutes. Oven cooking times may vary.
Does your meal prep game need some work?
Download my Meal Prep Guide and Planner right now and learn how to get started.