Paleo Breakfast Hash
Salty, caramelized pancetta and sweet potatoes make this hash a super tasty addition to your breakfast routine.
The sweet potatoes in this breakfast hash will give you a nice chunk of healthy carbs to start your morning off right. This recipe makes enough to eat all week – or just enough to make for a fancy lunch with friends. It calls for 6 eggs but keep in mind that you can always add more eggs if you want to have more protein.
Jump to Recipe
Remember Beast Bowls are Flexible
My goal is to get you to look at the components of each Beast Bowl as their own part.
Each component of the Beast Bowl can be adjusted to meet your nutritional needs. Adjust the number of eggs to get the right amount of protein. I usually have 2 eggs – no egg whites here. The yolk contains all the healthy fat! Not to mention, if you cook them perfectly the runny yolks are like a magic sauce. Each egg adds about 6 grams of protein and 4 grams of fat.
My other goal is to convince you to eat real food and stop worrying about every single calorie
I want you to understand the health benefits of eating real food and listening to your body instead of stressing over every macro that crosses you lips. Most of us we just need to find some balance and learn how to eat when we are hungry and stop when we have had enough. And as part of that, choose foods that nourish us. That’s not so hard, is it?
If you like hash you should check out my duck hash. It’s one of my favorites – and one of the first recipes I did right here on Foodology Geek.
ARE YOU TIRED OF THE SAME OLD BORING FOOD?
Download my MOST POPULAR seasoning mixes and get some flavor in your life. These easy to store mixes are a must have to spice up your dinner game.
Thank you for your ongoing support. Don’t forget to sign up for our email updates. We send you new recipes just twice a week.
2018 is going to be EPIC! We have so much planned for you. We would love to hear what you would like to see more of.[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]
Paleo Breakfast Hash
- 1 lb pancetta diced
- 2 lb sweet potatoes diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Dice pancetta and brown pancetta over medium heat heavy bottomed skillet.
- Remove pancetta and set aside, reserve grease.
- Add diced sweet potatoes to grease and brown. Add a little black pepper.
- Add onions and red peppers to the pan. Cook until soft.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. NOTE: The saltiness of pancetta varies from brand to brand. Taste what you have before salting to see if it needs more salt.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Use a large spoon to create 6 spaces in the potatoes that you will add the eggs to. Try to space them out evenly.
- Crack each egg and adding it into one of the spaces.
- Cover the pan and cook on low until the eggs are just set.
Tasty pancetta and sweet potato hash. Adjust number of eggs for your protein needs.